How do all you beautiful people keep your white clothes white?
2019.10.15 23:27 goodestpupper How do all you beautiful people keep your white clothes white?
I'm working on transitioning my wardrobe to more neutral colors, which means that I've been wearing a lot more white. I've also managed to stain three of my favorite (and expensive!) garments so badly that they had to be thrown out within the span of a month.
My cream colored wrap sweater from Reiss went down from an errant curry splatter while I was making dinner. A Club Monaco shirt dress somehow picked up two bright orange spots in the middle of a work day from who knows where. My favorite blouse from Pleione (which I bought to replace my former favorite blouse from Pleione, after splattering liquid eyeliner on it) is entering retirement due to a lamb ragu grease stain that refuses to lift.
Anytime I notice a stain I immediately blot it with water or a little bit of Dawn soap if its greasy. I've tried Tide to Go pens, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and everything else I can think of.
So how do you people do it? Am I just the biggest klutz in the world, not meant to wear beautiful, white clothing items or is there some cool stain fighting voodoo that you all know about? Help a girl out!
submitted by goodestpupper
to femalefashionadvice [link] [comments]
2015.08.14 20:36 healthyrachel [SELL] Mostly L/XL tops for less than $5. Casual/Bus Cas brands such as Pleione, Splendid, ASOS, Kohls, NY&Co, Ann Taylor & Loft + Old Navy Cardigan, & workout gear
Hello and thanks for checking out my closet!
A few notes before we get to the pics:
Now, onto the albums. Please read the descriptions for more info. Casual - 12 Tops
- I prefer Paypal for payment. No returns. I'll consider discounts if you purchase multiple items, but most items are priced to sell!
- You are responsible for shipping. Send me your zip code and I'll quote you a price, most single items are $2-3 in an envelope. I typically can ship within 36 hours of receiving payment.
- I am an experienced seller with lots of feedback on Ebay and braswap/bratabase. PM me if you would like my username to verify.
- I am more than happy to take additional pics or measurements, however some of these items do not fit me. If you would like me to share my personal body measurements just PM me.
- I come from a smoke free home but I do have a cat. I typically don't let him roll all over my clothing BUT there might be a stray cat hair or two in your package. :)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY I've taken the liberty of creating a Google Doc with a ton of info about each item, including: chest & length measurements, fabric, size, and a "quality rating" to help you determine the condition of each item. Most items have minor pilling but some of them are basically brand new. Check out the Google Doc and the albums for extra info.
Business Casual - 6 Tops
$3 - New York & Co Turquoise Halter Top - XL
$3 - Green Envelope Blue Striped Tank - XL
- $3 - DKNY Black & White Polka Dot Tank - L
- $3 - Love on a Hangar Leopard Face Tank - XL
- $2 - Kersh Royal Blue Tank - XL
- $3 - Caslon 3/4 Sleeve Green Striped Top - L
$3 - Proposal by Sue 3/4 Sleeve Blue Striped Tunic - L
- $4 - ASOS Curve Gray 90's Faux Button Up - US 14/ UK 18
$2 - Daisy Fuentes Malibu Blue Flowy Top - L
- $4 - Apt 9 Black & White Striped 3/4 Sleeve Top - Petite L
- $2 - Apt 9 Black 3/4 Dolman Sleeve Top - L
- $4 - New York & Co Black Acrylic Sweater - L
Cardigan, Dress, Workout Tops, Sports Bras
$5 - Ann Taylor Burgundy Sleeveless Shell - Petite L
- $4 - Pleione Black Sleeveless Shell - XL
- $4 - Allison Joy Black/Gray Patterned Sleeveless Shell - L
$3 - LOFT Coral Sleeveless Shell - L
- $3 - Splendid Green 3/4 Adjustable Sleeve Blouse - L
- $6 - Splendid White 3/4 Adjustable Sleeve Blouse - L
Again, here is the link to a Google Doc with a TON of info. on all the items: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxBvz12aGHN937YuhXGo_Xby_ar5t1j2sSUiuuvOsrc/edit?usp=sharing
$6 - Old Navy "Raisin" Boyfriend Cardigan - L
- $5 - Apt 9 Blue/Green Flower Dress - L
- $5 - 2 Xersion Short Sleeve Workout Tops - XL
$5 - 3 Champion by Target Sports Bras - L
I tried to make this as simple as possible, so please let me know if something isn't working, or if you have any questions!
submitted by healthyrachel
to ThriftyThread [link] [comments]